Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The countdown to Italy

Nicole came home a month ago to tell me that there were two teachers at the Junior High that were organizing a trip to Italy for the kids. My first response was "do they need adults to go too?" Of course I was excited for her to go but I couldn't contain my excitement that I might be able to go. The first process was to apply. They told us there was only space for 20 students and around 7 adults so I prepared Nicole that we might not get in. The lists came out about a week after we applied and the email said "Congratulations you made it!!" so we both got SOOO excited that we were going to Italy. I then started thinking that I should check the list for my name since they might have sent me the email just to let me know that my daughter was going. When I checked the list my name was not on it!!! There was, however, a Tina Hansen and I thought, in the back of my head, "hmmm, I wonder it that's a mistake" but didn't do any checking. So, I had to reroute my excitement to focus just on Nicole's experience. A day before the deadline to sign up online, her teacher asked her if her mom had gotten registered yet and she said "no, she didn't get it" and he said "yes, she did!!" Woo hoo, I promptly went online to register.

Our lift off date is June 10th ish, 2012. Let the fundraising begin!!!

What a fun experience to go to Italy with all of your good friends when you're 14!! She'll be traveling with friends Berlyn, Katie, Trinity, Maddy, Olivia and several others.

Trinity, Katie, Maddy & Nicole

1 comment: